Pricing a pharmaceutical product represents the "moment of truth." How will the perceived value in the marketplace translate into willingness to pay and, ultimately, a company’s return on investment? How should price be managed in the context of new market entrants, new indications or new attributes?
At Kantar Health, we recognize that multiple decision makers can create complex pricing challenges. We leverage our in-depth knowledge of pricing and reimbursement structures of global markets and the varying objectives of key stakeholders to optimize your pricing scenarios – from early-stage identification of value drivers to final product launch.
To address your unique needs, we consider:
- The impact on pricing of any comparators in clinical trials, and any generics or biosimilars in a therapeutic area
- The appropriate launch sequence for multiple indications in order to maximize value
- Implications of new government policies, as well as public and private sector reimbursement trends (like Medicare reform)
- Critical shifts in the marketplace that are likely to impact reimbursement, pricing and utilization
- The relative importance of key physician and patient influencers, including patient assistance program and reimbursement support providers, GPOs and advocacy groups
- Community and institutional customers' engagement during a period of constricting time and budgets
Our pricing expertise spans:
- Geographies from the established to the emerging markets
- Unparalleled stakeholder reach, including access to payers, physicians, patients, pharmacists and other purchasers
- Methodologies to suit all needs from the simple (Van Westendorp) to the complex (integrated multistakeholder linked-choice models that focus on real-world interaction and influence)