As healthcare system budgets tighten and payers and regulators continue to focus on the patient’s perspective, health economics and outcomes research is key to products’ success. Value, budget impact and cost effectiveness are crucial considerations for formulary acceptance and market access.
Using, validating and developing patient-reported outcomes (PRO) instruments, including multifactorial health-related quality-of-life questionnaires, are becoming increasingly important for registration, reimbursement and marketing of new treatments. Preference-based PRO designs are more and more frequently requested by payers and health system stakeholders.
Our research and expertise include:
- Quantifying unmet need based on existing treatments
- Identifying reasons patients remain undiagnosed and/or untreated
- Evaluating treatment patterns and cost of care
- Measuring the burden of disease on patients or caregivers
- Developing and validating PROs
- Informing clinical trial design
- Integrating health economics and PRO/HRQOL into studies
- Designing and performing outcomes studies
- Generating comparative evidence for value messages
- Consulting in value-based pricing and reimbursement
Global Leader for Healthcare Research and Patient Data
Kantar Health’s proprietary information sources, including the National Health and Wellness Survey and syndicated patient studies, provide you with real-world research from a patient perspective.
National Health and Wellness Survey is the largest self-reported general population patient survey covering health status, attitudes, behaviors and health outcomes measures. Syndicated Patient Studies are disease-specific and provide a holistic view of the patient journey, including diagnosis, treatment and physician relationship.