NEW YORK, Nov. 19, 2014—Kantar Health, a leading global healthcare consulting firm, today announced the products chosen for the 2014 Most Interesting Oncology Projects to Watch. The selected projects will be discussed in more detail at the Informa Therapeutic Area Partnerships conference Nov. 19-21 in Boston.
Products selected as the Most Interesting Oncology Projects to Watch have met rigorous criteria, including unmet medical need, market potential, diversity of indications, strong science, partnering opportunities, and potential for new opportunities beyond initial indications. Selected products for the oncology track have been screened using a strict set of criteria for the award and represent what Informa and Kantar Health consider attractive partnering opportunities.
The 2014 Most Interesting Oncology Projects to Watch will be presented in Track 3 beginning at 10:15 am on Thursday, Nov. 20, in Grand Ballroom B at the Boston Hyatt Regency. The projects that will be presented are:
- Lixte Biotechnology: LB-100
- Merrimack Pharmaceuticals: MM-151
- Advanced Cancer Therapeutics (ACT): PFKFB3
- Cornerstone Pharmaceuticals, Inc.: CPI-613
- SolaranRx, Inc.: SRX-1177
- Tolero Pharmaceuticals: Alvocidib
- Biothera Pharmaceutical Group: Imprime PGG
- Radius Health: RAD1901
In addition, Kantar Health will host a roundtable discussion, “Creating New Opportunities and Partnerships in Oncology Drug Programs,” at 11:20 am on Nov. 20. Participants are:
- Mark Booth, Vice President Client Consulting, Oncology, Kantar Health
- Detlev Biniszkiewicz, Ph.D., Vice President Oncology iMED Strategy, External Science, and Licensing, AstraZeneca
- Varavani Dwarki, Head of Alliance Management, Sanofi Oncology Division
- Steve Bloom, Head, Commercial Planning and Patient Advocacy, Verastem Inc.
About Kantar Health
Kantar Health is a leading global healthcare consulting firm and trusted advisor to many pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device and diagnostic companies worldwide. It combines evidence-based research capabilities with deep scientific, therapeutic and clinical knowledge, commercial development know-how, and brand and marketing expertise to help clients evaluate opportunities, launch products and maintain brand and market leadership.
Kantar Health deeply understands the influence of patients, payers and physicians, especially as they relate to the performance and payment of medicines and the delivery of healthcare services. Its 600+ healthcare industry specialists work across the product lifecycle, from preclinical development to launch, acting as catalysts to successful decision-making in life sciences and helping clients prioritize their product development and portfolio activities, differentiate their brands and drive product success post-launch. Kantar Health is part of Kantar, the data investment management division of WPP. For more information, please visit www.kantarhealth.com.